It comes around once a year and we’re afraid that there’s no hiding under the duvet. 31st January marks the date by which you need to get your self assessment tax return into the HMRC.
Our friends at FreeAgent, the online accounting software designed for freelancers have come up with the best ever checklist that we’ve seen. You can get your own free copy here. (We used it today!) It includes:
- Information for Sole Traders, Partnerships, and Directors of Limited Companies
- An overview of Self Assessment registration and who should file – in plain English!
- A list of expenses that you should and shouldn’t claim (this was really useful!)
- Checklists to make sure you’re not missing important income or expenses
- Key deadlines and dates for your return
- Details on how to file and how to pay the HMRC
Don’t forget that you can get a lifetime 10% discount on your FreeAgent subscription if you sign up through KindredHQ. Just sign up here.